High protein pancakes with the delicious flavour of pumpkin spice.
Pumpkin Spice has come to be known as the scent of autumn.
Whether as a coffee or a candle, many of us are decided lovers or haters of this nutmeg-ginger scent. And for the lovers, we’ve got a delicious weekend brunch recipe for you: Pumpkin Spice Protein Pancakes Topped With Kefir + Protein. Not only that, but our recipe writer, Becky, eats a low-FODMAP diet (personalisation stage), making this recipe gut-friendly.
Deliciously filling, these Pumpkin Spice Protein Pancakes are a real treat, and nutritious, too: pumpkin is a source of many nutrients including vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B1, vitamin E!
Then top with our Kefir + Protein for calcium and protein.
Perfect for sharing with friends and family, or simply enjoying on a relaxing morning.
This recipe was written by Becky Saunders, who eats a low-FODMAP diet (personalisation stage), during a two week challenge to swap in Kefir or Kefir + Protein in place of another ingredient in a meal each day.
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Flour
- 3 Teaspoons Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Large Eggs
- 4 Tablespoons of Dairy-Free Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups Almond Milk
- Preheat griddle or large non-stick skillet to medium heat.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together both of the sugars, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, eggs, melted butter, and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and whisk to combine. The batter will be lumpy, do not over mix.
- Set the batter aside for 5 minutes.
- Butter your griddle or spray with non-stick cooking spray if desired.
- Pour out 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake and spread into a circle.
- Cook each pancake for approximately 4 minutes per side.
- Serve pancakes with butter, syrup, Kefir + Protein, nuts or any other favorite toppings.