This recipe for a no-bake Kefir cheesecake makes the perfect springtime dessert with a gut-friendly boost.
- 1/2 cup Bio-tiful Original Kefir
- 450g Cream Cheese or Quark
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot starch (to thicken)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 small beetroot, steamed, peeled and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free digestive biscuits
- 6 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- To make the base: In a mixing bowl, stir together the digestive biscuits and granulated sugar. Stir in the melted coconut oil until well combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 6-8-inch spring form pan.
- To make the filling: Add the Kefir, cheese/quark, powdered sugar, vanilla, arrowroot starch and beetroot into a blender. Blend on high until extremely smooth (make sure there are no chunks of beetroot left)
- Pour the filling into the spring form pan on top of the crumb base. Cover and place in the freezer for four hours, or overnight.
- Before serving, release the spring form pan and allow the cake to thaw for five minutes before cutting. Top with additional berries, seeds or chocolate hearts to your taste.
- Decorate with berries, pomegranates and coconut shavings.
photography by @fatchickbigsmoke
Please share your Kefir recipes with us @biotiful_dairy.