Our sourdough bread recipe – free from baker’s yeast, easy to make.
- Combine 100 ml of our delicious Kefir and 2 tea spoons of Rye flour in small glass jar. Let the starter sit uncovered on a counter for 1-2 days until you see bubbles and nice bread smell. Starter is ready.
- Add into it 300 ml of water, 500-600gr of white flour, 2 tbsp of oil, 2 tbsp of sugar, 1 tsp spoon of salt.
- Mix well then tip onto a lightly floured work surface and knead. Once the dough is satin-smooth, place it in a lightly oiled bowl. Leave to rise for overnight on a counter.
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Dust the loaf with flour and favourite seeds and cut a cross about 6cm long into the top of the loaf with a knife.
- Bake for 40-50 mins until golden brown and the loaf sounds hollow when tapped underneath.
- Cool on a wire rack.