For a quick and easy weeknight meal, try this gut healthy Fettuccine with a Kefir Alfredo sauce.
Prep Time: 20min
Cook Time: 20min
Total Time: 40min
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 400g fettuccine pasta
- 1/2 cup Bio-tiful Kefir
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Basil, for garnish
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box; set aside
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over a medium-high heat and add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant
- Stir in the flour and then slowly whisk in the chicken broth
- Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens; then remove from the heat
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and whisk in the Kefir – season with salt and pepper. The sauce will continue to thicken as it stands, if it gets too thick just add a little Kefir
- Pour the sauce over the cooked fettuccine, mix and top with previously prepared chicken strips. Garnish with basil ribbons and serve.
Share your recreations and Kefir recipes on Instagram or Twitter @biotiful_dairy.