Oladi, Russian breakfast pancakes, are thick pancakes that are easy to make and super versatile. This recipe uses our delicious Bio-tiful Kefir and gives extra fluffy pancakes.
Makes about 12-14 pancakes
- 150 g (1 cup) plain four
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 250 ml (1 cup) Bio-tiful Dairy Kefir
- Crack egg in a deep bowl, add sugar and whisk until about tripled in volume (you can use a mixer for faster results).
- Carefully stir in Bio-tiful Dairy Kefir.
- Sift and fold in plain flour and baking powder.
- Batter should be thin enough so you can ladle it with a spoon and pour, but not too thick so pancakes don’t get too thin.
- Place a few dollops (about 3-4 inches in diameter) on a preheated lightly oiled pan and fry on medium heat until underside is golden brown (about 1-2 mins). Flip and repeat, being careful not to burn. They should be no more than 1/2 inch thick.
Serve with your favourite topping (frest fruit, honey, jam, sour cream, etc.)