This recipe for raspberry ice cream makes the perfect summer dessert.
- 4 cups fresh of frozen raspberries
- 2 cups Bio-tiful Kefir (Original, Baked or Morello Cherry Kefir Smoothie)
- 2 cups whole milk
- ⅔ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup cashew nuts, soaked for 2 hours and drained
- Combine the raspberries, Kefir, milk, sweetener, soaked cashew nuts and vanilla extract in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and churn according to the instructions. Serve immediately as soft-serve ice cream or freeze to harden.
No Ice Cream machine?
Pour the ice cream base into a freezer-safe shallow pan. Freeze for 30 minutes.Remove from freezer and mix with a fork to break up all of the ice chunks. Fewer ice chunks means smoother ice cream. Repeat every 20 minutes until the ice cream has firmed up to your liking, 2 to 4 hours.