A succulent cake, using delicious Bio-tiful Kefir, is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser!
- 150g (1 ½ cups) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 180g (1 cup) sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Bio-tiful Dairy Kefir
- 100g butter, melted (or 125ml vegetable oil)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180° (gas mark 4). Grease a loaf pan.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Using your fingers, rub sugar with lemon zest in a large bowl until sugar is moist. Add Bio-tiful Dairy Kefir, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract; whisk to blend. Fold in dry ingredients just to blend.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; smooth top. Bake until top of cake is golden brown and a tester inserted into center comes out clean, 50–55 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Invert onto rack; let cool completely.
You can make this cake 3 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature
Source: recipe inspired by www.bonappetit.com