We can’t get enough of this Kefir cheesecake here at Bio-tiful Dairy. It’s so light and simple, the perfect post BBQ dessert.
- 175 g (6oz) gingernut biscuits
- 75 g (3oz) butter, melted
- 500 ml Baked Milk Kefir (or Morello Cherry Kefir Smoothie for a sweeter berry taste)
- 400 g (14oz) full-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 300 ml (10fl oz) double cream
- 300 g (11oz) berries
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Lay a 30.5cm (12in) sheet of baking parchment over the base of a 23cm (9in) round springform tin. Make sure the paper is tightly stretched over the base and any overhang is pulled underneath.
- Whiz the biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed (or simply use a rolling pin and crush in a bowl). Add the melted butter to the processor/ bowl and pulse or mix until the mixture clumps together. Press it into the base of the prepared tin and chill until needed.
- Then mix together the Baked Milk Kefir (or Morello Cherry Kefir Smoothie) and cream cheese. In a large bowl, whip the cream using a handheld electric mixer until it forms soft peaks. Fold the cream cheese mixture into the cream and spoon on top of the chilled biscuit base, level and chill for at least three hours.
- To serve, sprinkle with fresh berries and a little icing sugar
We used Baked Milk Kefir in our cheesecake, which gave it a particularly creamy texture. However any of our Kefir products would work just as well.