This recipe for a Summer Beetroot soup is a little different and more typical of Russian cuisine, where our founder, Natasha is from.
- 500ml Bio-tiful Kefir
- 5-6 medium sized fresh beetroots
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Fresh dill, or chives, finely chopped
- ½ cucumber, peeled, very finely sliced
- 4 radishes, very finely sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cooled, peeled
- Sea salt and black pepper
First wash, boil and grate the beetroot. Combine the cooled beetroot with the Kefir, lemon juice and salt and pepper. To serve, stir through some finely chopped fresh dill and garnish the soup with cucumber and radish. Traditionally this summer soup is also served with cooled, boiled eggs.